Tuesday 5 January 2010

One sock down, one to go!

On Sunday I finished knitting my first circle sock. I am very happy with it. The pattern was quick and easy to memorize and I finished it with no trouble. I have yet to cast on the second sock but will start it this week and hopefully it will also go quickly. Sock number one is an excellent fit and I do like this yarn a lot, I'm glad I got it when I saw it reduced in John Lewis.

I was somewhat distracted from my sock by working on my scarf using the free Irish Hiking Scarf pattern. This is my first attempt at cabling beyond a little swatch and I am very happy with how it's turning out. The yarn is Mirasol Qina which is a baby alpaca and bamboo blend, it's gorgeous and soft. I love it and can't wait to get it finished.

I also decided to do a quick, instant gratification project last night and made a hat which went from start to finish in about an hour and a half which made me very happy. I used the skein of Rowan Big Wool I had left over from making a scarf for my mother-in-law's Christmas present. I still have some left and am hoping it's enough for a little pair of wrist warmers as I want to use every inch of this gorgeous, super soft yarn.

Must get on with socks now...

No comments:

Post a Comment