Sunday 18 December 2011

The knitting of others

I thought I'd share my mum's current WIP (not that I don't have plenty of my own to share!) as it is rather special. She is very excited about the prospect of becoming a grandma and there's only one thing for a keen knitter with a grandchild on the way to do, get those needles clicking!

Whilst I have the level of knitting skill to knit the same things my mum can she has one thing I'm rather lacking in, patience! Also she knits like the wind...my goodness that lady is quick! I suppose that happens when you've been knitting for over 50 years though. Anyway her patience and speed are being used to knit something I'd never get through due to my issues with startitis, a lovely baby blanket.



Apologies if the picture is a touch dull, the natural light was very thin and grey yesterday. Still the blanket is looking just wonderful and I can't wait to wrap my little one up in it...well I can wait as I want them to stay put until they're due but you know what I mean!

I can also confirm it's definitely Christmas in the Northern Monkey household. The tree has been up for a week and I still get giddy with excitement every time I switch the fairy lights on. I LOVE having the Christmas tree up...I hate taking it down but I love it when it's up. All sparkly and colourful. This year we've only got our 3ft tree up (we usually have a 7ft one in the dining room) so all my big tree decorations are on that. I don't care if it looks a bit over the top, I love it!

Oh Christmas tree


So, it's Sunday evening (completely dark out at 4:30pm...my least favourite thing about winter) a roast is in the oven, MrNM has football on TV (his team already won earlier today, such a relief!) and I'm ready for a long evening of snuggling up and knitting in front of the TV as all my chores were done earlier in the day. Fantastic!

5 comments:

  1. Your tree looks great! And how lovely that your Mum is knitting you a blanket for baby NM! We have a roast cooking away too! Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket, and made with extra love! Love the tree, its very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blanket, and your tree is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MoonMum knits like the wind too - she's got a special needle under arm technique that makes knitting appear like lightning!

    ReplyDelete