Friday 26 November 2010

Pink Vanilla socks - FO

The pink vanilla socks are finally finished!! They only took me two months…oh dear! I kept being distracted by much more interesting and beautiful knits. Oh well, they are done now and my friend at work is delighted with them and is sure her daughter will love them too. I rather didn’t want to give them away but they’re for smaller feet than mine so I handed them over!

Plain old stockinette socks with twisted rib cuff and slip stitch heel, 60 stitches on 2.5mm needles in Trekking XXL Pink Vanilla


knitting 128


I was slightly annoyed to find that after my attempt to make the stripes all matchy there was a knot in the second ball of yarn just about an inch before starting the toe so the toes don’t match but the rest just about do. Not sure I’ll bother with any more matching attempts in future though!


knitting 129

We're visiting the in-laws for the weekend (well I'm visiting my in-laws, Mr NM is visiting his parents!) and seeing some friends which should be enjoyable, will also be trying to fit in a bit of Christmas shopping on Saturday afternoon though I am progressing with that. I'm looking forward to our little weekend away but hoping that it doesn't snow too much as we have to cross the Pennines to see them, not much fun in snowy weather!

2 comments:

  1. The socks look great. I think I might just have to get some of that yarn. How annoying about the knot tho'. I've found Trekking to be pretty reliable in the past. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look good. Not matching in the toes is ok, because nobody see them except for the wearer. Unless the wearer is wearing socks with sandals.

    I have my own plain vanilla pink socks that bored me to tears for the past two months.

    ReplyDelete