Thursday 5 September 2013

Something new...

Actually this is not a new project but I don't believe I blogged about it when I started it (whenever that might have been as I didn't log it on Ravelry either!) but it is a new technique for me. Stranded colourwork. I have been wittering on about having a proper go at this for ages (I've knit mini Christmas stockings in the past but so tiny they hardly even count) and I think it has been on my knitting resolutions list since I started knitting. Still I've avoided it until now. I had two balls of K1 Yarns Scappa purchased when we were in Edinburgh in March 2011 purchased with colourwork in mind and at some point I purchased the Manzanita Tam pattern as it allegedly uses the amount of yarn I have, we'll see! I don't expect it to be fabulous and it's slow going but I'm doing it and I will get there.
Untitled
I made yet another yarny purchase, I know I know...supposed to be banned. Lovely squishy hand dyed BFL yarn from the lovely Kirsty at Wharefdale Woolworks this is to make a winter hat for the lovely mini monkey girl. I haven't forgotten her cardigan by the way...just got temporarily distracted by other things! I'll finish it I promise.
Untitled
The little monkey has been doing her own creating as Mr.Monkey bought her an Aquadoodle on a very cheap offer from Amazon. She does use pens and paints but it's nice to have something mess free as well, particularly for visiting family who may be less impressed by her drawing on things other than paper (she's pretty good but we have had some pen on the carpet, it all washed off though)
Untitled
My mum has been continuing excellent grandma duties and churning out cardigans at an enviable rate, the latest was worn on a recent trip to visit Mr.Monkey's Nain in North Wales, mini monkey is a big fan of the garden but not so great at cardigan modelling (well I think she looks great but it doesn't exactly show off the knitting!)
Untitled
That's about it from me. I've had a miserable ear infection recently that has kept me off work but I think I'm just about on the mend all be it with vastly reduced hearing in one ear...supposed to be going to a concert on Saturday which is going to be interesting if I can't hear in one ear but never mind. I'm just glad to not be in the horrible pain I was in with it initially. I am trying to plan some holiday knitting for a trip away we have coming up but perhaps I should only take the cardigan and focus for a bit. See you soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Pretty tam pattern. I'm dabbling with stranded colourwork at the moment too, it's a bit scary!

    Hope your ear infection clears up soon, horrible things :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely. Hope your ear clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colourwork looks great, something I need to tackle too! Hope you are feeling better now. Hurray for grandma's knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely yarny colour! So sweet to see your beautiful little one too! Ros

    ReplyDelete