Tuesday 11 January 2011

Finishing what I started

When I got home from work last night this was waiting on the doormat, a slight break in my stashdown but a necessary purchase so it doesn't count.

knitting

I couldn't get the same dye lot and it's a little darker but it's not too obvious and honestly I don't care, the knitting on the Cardigan of Doom is DONE. You read that right, finished. I've knit it. The parts are all washed and it's drying on our spare bed as I type ready for seaming.

I'm a bit nervous about the finishing, this is the first adult sized garment I've made and my making up skills do rather leave something to be desired. It's not so bad on baby things, they're tiny, there isn't that much sewing. This is looking like A LOT of sewing and I'm dreading it a bit.

Four words that are appealing for my next adult knit:

Top down, seamless construction.

4 comments:

  1. Here is a great video to help if you haven't done mattress stitch before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvAS-HCWk9I This feels like magic when you do it properly. Give it a go. It's not that scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for finishing the knitting! I can only echo ehat's been said previously about mattress stitch. Learning how to do it has transformed the appearance of my finished knits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for finishing. Take your time with the sewing up- you'll get much better results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo!!!! Well done! I agree with what's been said about mattress stitch, it's really easy once you get the hang of it, but I'm a big fan of top down, seamless construction.

    ReplyDelete